The Solar Digest for Solar Industry and Photovoltaic PV News - Latest News
Yingli Green Energy Announces Trial Production of Metal-Wrap-Through Module
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 08:54
Yingli Solar has announced that it has begun trial production of monocrystalline silicon modules with N-type Metal-Wrap-Through ("N-MWT") technology, by adopting equipment provided by Formula E s.r.l. (Formula E), a leading supplier of photovoltaic technology and automated manufacturing lines.
New Guidance To Turn Solar Farms Into Biodiversity Hotspots
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 08:39
Expert BRE National Solar Centre Guidance is launched today at Kew Gardens with The National Trust, RSPB, Plantlife, Bumblebee Conservation Trust, Eden Project, Buglife, Wychwood Biodiversity & Wiltshire Wildlife Trust
Go Ahead for Solar Panels at Leamington Spa Hospital
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 08:25
Community Energy Warwickshire’s latest project, which will put more solar panels on the roofs of local hospitals, has passed an important milestone with work now scheduled to start of the installation of a 50 kilowatt solar array at Leamington Spa Hospital early in June.
Ingenious Clean Energy Finances £27m Solar Parks Project
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 08:17
Ingenious Clean Energy has completed the financing of a £27m portfolio of three solar parks, including a £15m loan from Barclays.
BNRG Renewables Completes Construction of €52m of Energy Projects in UK
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 08:01
Irish solar company BNRG Renewables has announced it has completed construction and commissioning of 30 Megawatts (MW) of Solar PV plants in the UK, 20 MW in Kent and 10 MW on the Isle of Wight.
Eaton at Intersolar Europe 2014: Leading the Way with Safety and Efficiency
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 07:52
Power management company Eaton will again demonstrate its leadership and commitment to sustainable energy generation at this year’s Intersolar Europe from the 4th to 6th June in Munich.
Advanced Test Technology Helps Lightsource Sites to Maintain Maximum Solar Power Performance
- Published on Friday, 30 May 2014 12:12
Advanced test instrumentation is helping the UK’s leading developer and operator of commercial solar photovoltaic (PV) plants ensure that its solar farms continue to operate at maximum performance levels.
Samil Power Inverters have the Third Largest Market Share in UK Suggests Survey
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:44
In an independent survey by EuPD Research British installers confirm that the Samil Power has a high market penetration and excellent brand awareness.
DECC Issues Consultation on Changes to Financial Support for Solar PV
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 08:20
Solar photovoltaic is an important part of the UK’s energy mix: there is currently 2.7 GW of PV capacity in the UK – enough to power 620,000 homes – placing us firmly in the global top 10 economies for solar power. We expect this progress to continue, up to a projected deployment of between 10-12GW by 2020.
SunEdison Interconnects 117 MW of Utility-Scale Solar Projects in the UK
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 08:00
SunEdison has completed construction of a 117 MW (megawatt) DC (direct current) portfolio utility-scale photovoltaic (PV) solar power plants across the United Kingdom. The portfolio is composed of eight separate solar power plants.
- DAW SE Integrates Organic Photovoltaics Into Construction Products
- Innovative Solar Farm Brings Clean Power to Hanson’s Cement Works
- Solar Advanced Systems Announce “RIOS” to the Solar PV Market
- SolarMax Delivers 65MW of UK Solar Ahead of ROC Drop
- RWE To Build 37 MW Solar Park In Oxfordshire
- TGE Group Appointed To Support Multi-Million Pound Commercial Property Solar Power Roll Out
- Hosola Appoints Moss Electrical As Sole UK Distributor
- Lightsource Invests in Utility Scale Power Plant
- Jaguar Land Rover Installs UK's Largest Rooftop Solar Panel Array
- Conergy Completes 39 MW of New Solar Plants for Primrose Solar