The Solar Digest for Solar Industry and Photovoltaic PV News - Latest News
Yingli Solar to Supply 54 MW of Solar Modules for Seven UK Projects
- Published on Friday, 28 February 2014 09:20
Yingli Green Energy "Yingli Solar" has announced that it will supply 54 MW of solar modules for seven projects that are developed by Grid Essence UK Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Grid Essence Holdings Ltd.
Kingspan Energy Launches 100% Funded Solution
- Published on Friday, 28 February 2014 09:13
Kingspan Insulated Panels has launched Kingspan Energy, a fully-funded solar energy solution provider making low-carbon energy generation effortless for UK businesses.
Eco Energy World Sells Spriggs Farm Solar Project to AVIC International
- Published on Thursday, 27 February 2014 14:49
The renewable energy company, which operates from offices in London and Monaco and has developed several hundred MW of solar projects across Europe to date, has sold 90 per cent of its stake in the 12 MW Spriggs Farm solar project situated near Saffron Walden, Essex, retaining the remaining 10 per cent share.
Government Set to Undermine the Future of Domestic Solar Power
- Published on Thursday, 27 February 2014 14:36
Newform Energy has received notification from a representative of the solar energy industry regarding significant concerns, shared by a number of trade bodies, about draft legislation, that has been presented to Parliament, on the forthcoming Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme.
Investec Bank Provides First Construction Debt Finance Deal to Support Development of 19MW Project
- Published on Thursday, 27 February 2014 14:26
The UK's fast-expanding solar farm industry has taken another step forwar as developer Lightsource Renewable Energy announced that it had closed the project financing for a new 19MW project in Kent.
Dulas to offer financing for commercial Solar PV installations
- Published on Thursday, 27 February 2014 14:02
Businesses in England and Wales are to be offered business friendly commercial loans to purchase and install solar photovoltaic (solar PV) installations thanks to Dulas Ltd, one of the UK’s longest established renewables businesses, which has become an approved supplier of the Carbon Trust’s Energy Efficiency Financing Scheme.
Conergy Acquires Wirsol Solar UK Ltd. Including a 100 MW Solar Project Pipeline
- Published on Thursday, 27 February 2014 13:48
Conergy has acquired Wirsol Solar UK Ltd. for an undisclosed sum. The deal includes a solar farm portfolio totaling around 100 megawatts (MW) in the United Kingdom as well as all employees.
ReneSola Provide 32 MW of Virtus PV Modules to Isolux Corsan
- Published on Monday, 17 February 2014 11:14
ReneSola supplies Isolux Corsan with 31.7 megawatts of Virtus PV modules for a commercial PV project in the Suffolk.
DECC FIT Solar PV Installations Week Ending 15th December 2013
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 16:27
Weekly PV Highlights
There were 2,806 sub 50 kW PV installations registered during the week ending 15th December 2013, compared to 2,807 in the week ending 8th December 2013.
Sharp Cuts Hundreds of Jobs at Wrexham Solar Panel Plant
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 13:56
Unite, Britain’s biggest union, has described Sharp’s decision to cut 250 posts and end around 300 agency workers’ contracts at its solar panel production unit in Wrexham as a tragic loss for the workforce and for UK manufacturing.
- Segen to Stock Phono Solar PV Modules
- SOLFEX Energy Systems Partner with SolarEdge Technologies
- Loughborough Academics Support Research Into The Viability Of Solar Energy
- Trina Solar PV Modules to Help Greggs Cut Carbon Footprint by 25%
- Forrest Agrees £120m Solar Deal with Global Investment Bank
- Concerns Raised Over Fresh Lightsource Renewable Energy Somerset Solar Farm Bid
- SolarMax Awarded Large-scale PV Contracts with 61.4MW in the UK
- IKEA and Hanergy Make Solar Energy an Affordable Reality for all
- Conergy to Build Solar Farms Totaling 40 MW out of 90 MW Pipeline
- Solarcentury Gains Planning Approval for Oxfordshire Solar Park