The Solar Digest for Solar Industry and Photovoltaic PV News - Latest News
Hanergy to Acquire Engensa to Drive Into Domestic Solar Market
- Published on Friday, 17 May 2013 11:18
This ground-breaking deal sets a global first for a vertically integrated solar manufacturer to move directly into the residential solar market – a sector currently worth €12bn per year globally and expected to represent 50% of the global solar industry by 2015.
ABB to Acquire Power-One To Become A Global Leader in Solar PV Inverters
- Published on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 06:17
ABB and and Power-One, Inc. a leading provider of renewable energy and of energy-efficient power conversion and power management solutions, has announced that their boards of directors have agreed to a transaction in which ABB will acquire Power-One for $6.35 per share in cash or $1,028 million equity value.
DECC FIT Solar PV Installations Week Ending 14th April 2013
- Published on Monday, 22 April 2013 16:43
Weekly PV Highlights
The initial installation numbers for the week ending 14th April 2013 show 2,013 sub 50 kW PV installations in that week compared to 1,673 for the week ending 7th April 2013.
The Green Deal and Feed In Tariffs: How Can They Work Together?
- Published on Monday, 22 April 2013 11:36
While feed-in-tariffs are a well-established incentive scheme, which many homeowners have benefited from since they were introduced, the government’s new Green Deal financing scheme is very much in its infancy.
It Pays Dividends To Get Solar PV
- Published on Monday, 22 April 2013 10:46
The benefits of solar energy have been widely published for many years, with the technology able to make significant inroads on carbon emissions as well as reducing the financial costs of running a home. However, recent studies and conclusions have trigged the need to really highlight these facts again.
Alan Bartlett and Sons install the Largest Roof Mounted Solar Panel System in the UK
- Published on Monday, 22 April 2013 10:01
Alan Bartlett and Sons has commissioned the construction of the largest privately owned, roof mounted solar panel installation for self-use in the UK.
Solarcentury Makes Senior Appointments
- Published on Monday, 22 April 2013 09:48
New appointments to strengthen UK and international teams as Solarcentury expands to new markets.
Solar Farm Development Approved for Northamptonshire Airfield
- Published on Monday, 22 April 2013 09:20
Plans for a 10-hectare solar panel farm at a former airbase in Northamptonshire have been given the go-ahead. The 25,000 solar panels at Chelveston Renewable Energy Park could provide power for more than 2,100 households a year.
Earthwise Products Ltd Adds Segen Ltd to UK Distributor Portfolio
- Published on Monday, 22 April 2013 08:57
The SOLiC 200 – an intelligent solar immersion controller – is now for sale in the UK from Segen Ltd.
Lightsource Connects 133MW of Solar in the First Quarter of 2013
- Published on Monday, 22 April 2013 08:49
Lightsource Renewable Energy Limited, the UK’s largest solar energy developer has completed and commissioned over 133 megawatts peak (MWp) of solar photovoltaic (PV) projects in the first quarter of 2013.
- Large Scale Solar UK 2013 Conference
- Hanwha SolarOne Supplies Modules to PV Parks in UK
- Hanwha SolarOne Launches New Generation HSL Series
- DECC FIT Solar PV Installations Week Ending 7th April 2013
- Planning Approved for 20MW Solar Farm in Dorset
- ABB Central Inverter Now Available up to 1000 kW Size
- Continued Success for ABB Solar Inverters in UK
- SunGift Solar Powering Numatic International HQ with Renewable Energy
- New Business Developer on Board for Caplor
- 44 MWp UK Solar Schemes Completed by Solarstrom AG