The Solar Digest for Solar Industry and Photovoltaic PV News - Latest News
Sita UK Deal To Turn Landfill Sites Into Solar Power Farms
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 10:52
National recycling and waste management firm, SITA UK, and Somerset-based British Solar Renewables (BSR) have agreed a deal that will see a number of SITA UK’s landfill sites turned into solar power farms – generating renewable energy for the National Grid.
Pig Farm Sees The Sense In Solar
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 10:43
Renewable specialists TGE Group has recently completed an ambitious three-phase commercial solar PV installation for Patrick Dean Ltd, a Lincolnshire farming company that produces 14,000 pigs a year for Morrisons supermarket, in order to reduce energy costs at their 570 sow pig unit following ongoing concern regarding the farm’s rising energy bills.
Zouk Capital Sells Second UK Residential Solar PV Portfolio to Aviva Investors
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 10:01
Aviva Investors and Zouk Capital are pleased to announce the acquisition by Aviva Investors of a second portfolio of residential solar photovoltaic (PV) systems totalling 11.3MW and installed on over 3,700 properties across the UK from Zouk’s first infrastructure fund, Zouk Solar Opportunities Ltd (ZSOL).
Toyota Harvest Solar Energy to Power UK Engine Production
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:43
On 21 August a large-scale embedded solar array was officially switched on at Toyota UK’s engine production centre at Deeside in North Wales, by Edwina Hart AM, Welsh Minister for Economy, Science and Transport.
Advanced Energy Signs UK Distribution Agreement with Sibert Solar
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 08:53
Advanced Energy Industries and technical photovoltaic (PV) solar expert Sibert Solar have announced a distribution agreement for Sibert Solar to distribute Advanced Energy’s three-phase string inverters and single-phase residential inverters as part of its cost-effective procurement solutions within the United Kingdom.
Summer Surge In Energy Production
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 08:37
Eco Energy World has enjoyed a summer surge in energy production after connecting five solar PV projects with a combined output of 70MW in quick succession.
DragonIS Invents the Dragoncam
- Published on Tuesday, 16 September 2014 20:18
DragonIS has invented – Dragoncam - a special underground monitoring system which checks the inside of cable ducts for ridges and damage.
Solarsense Install UKs Largest Local Authority Rooftop PV System
- Published on Tuesday, 16 September 2014 19:12
Solarsense has completed the largest Local Authority owned PV system in the UK on the roof of the Northacre Resource Recovery Centre (RRC).
Conergy Acquires New Solar Projects Totaling 17.95MWp
- Published on Tuesday, 16 September 2014 19:02
Conergy, one of the world’s largest solar downstream companies, has announced that it has acquired the rights to build and operate two solar power plants in the UK with a combined capacity of 17.95MWp from the developer Solar Securities for an undisclosed sum.
Five More Solar PV Systems for Plymouth Energy Community
- Published on Tuesday, 16 September 2014 17:32
After installing a number of systems on schools and other buildings in Plymouth over the past couple of months, Plymouth Energy Community (PEC) have contracted SunGift to install another five systems for them.
- BNRG Renewables Starts Construction on 15MW Solar Farm
- North Cornwall 1.8MW Solar Farm Goes Live
- Good Energy To Crowdfund £1 Million At Celeb Solar Party
- ReneSola Sells 40 Energy Storage Systems to Think Green Energy
- Low Carbon Begins Construction of 10MW Dorset Solar Park
- Eaton Wins Race Against Time for Solar Park Grid Connection
- Eaton’s Bussmann Steps Up PV System Protection with New DC SPD Offer
- Eaton’s Bussmann Extends Capability of Compact NH PV Fuse Links Range
- Anesco to Transform Former Collieries with 30MW Solar Array
- £500,000 Investment Energises Renewable Energy Community Groups