The Solar Digest for Solar Industry and Photovoltaic PV News - Latest News
DECC FIT Solar PV Installations Week Ending 30th June 2013
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 08:17
Weekly PV Highlights
There were 5,694 sub 50 kW PV installations registered during the week ending 30th June 2013 (similar to levels seen towards the end of July 2012, before a tariff reduction on 1st August 2012), compared to 3,194 in the week ending 23rd June 2013.
More Community Energy Projects To Get Support Under Feed-in Tariffs
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 08:07
Aspiring communities across the nation will be able to receive Feed-in Tariff (FITs) payments for the clean green energy generated by larger community energy projects, under new plans set out by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC).
Solar Drives 50% Rise in South West Renewable Electricity
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 07:47
A report launched today by independent renewable energy experts Regen SW reveals that the total capacity of renewable electricity in the south west has grown by almost 50 per cent in the past 12 months – from 714 MW in 2012 to more than 1 GW now – and that the region now generates 7.3 per cent of its electricity from renewable sources.
The World's First Solar Bridge - Prestigious Win For Solarcentury
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 07:36
Solarcentury has triumphed at the 8th annual British Renewable Energy Awards held in London. Solarcentury was one of four entries contesting Project of the Year, and our Blackfriars Bridge project was chosen by the judges as the winner.
GMI Energy Team Complete 1MW Solar PV System for Morrisons
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 07:26
The Morrison’s 59-acre Regional Distribution Centre (RDC) in Bridgwater has now been fitted with over 4000 panels to create a PV system that has a capacity of almost 1MW.
72-acre Solar Farm Planned for West Cumbria
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 06:41
A massive energy farm planned near a Cumbrian village would be equivalent to the size of 40 football pitches.
4Eco Set To Showcase Green Technology At Energy Storage UK
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 06:22
The UK’s leading designer and manufacturer of surplus PV energy controllers will be discussing the future of sustainability at this month’s Energy Storage UK exhibition.
Test Proves The Durability Of Renusol’s ConSole Mounting System
- Published on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 09:39
The ConSole mounting system designed by manufacturer Renusol remains impeccably stable after 15 years of use.
Conergy AG Files for Open Insolvency Proceedings
- Published on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 09:25
Conergy has been in negotiations on the short-dated entrance of a strategic investor. The company’s creditors however failed to agree on the necessary unitarily and reliable affirmation of the concept in a timely manner.
So-called Chinese Offer On Solar Imports Insults Europe
- Published on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 08:53
On 6th June, the European Commission found Chinese producers guilty of flooding the European market with dumped solar panels, cells and wafers at prices typically 50% lower than the cost of production.
- STA Responds to 10MW Community FIT Energy Bill Amendment
- Solar Power Is New Ingredient For Chutney And Preserves Makers
- Reducing Voltage Limits and Increasing Collaboration the Keys to Achieving the UK’s PV Potential
- Sun Set To Shine On South Wales Factory
- Balfour Beatty Awarded £121 Million London Hotel Contract
- Eaton to Demonstrate Solutions for Maximising Solar Power Harvest at Intersolar Europe 2013
- Solar PV Installed to Hull City Councils Car Park
- Oxford PV Picks Up British Renewable Energy Award
- ib vogt GmbH Strengthens Its Management Team
- 15MW Glebe Farm Solar Park Given Planning Consent