The Solar Digest for Solar Industry and Photovoltaic PV News - Latest News
Solarcentury’s C21e Range Achieve Certification to MCS 012 Ahead of Deadline
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 07:22
From the end of March 2014, the Feed-in-Tariff will only be available for solar systems that meet the new rigorous demands of MCS 012. To date, only five products have received certification and three of the certificates have been issued to Solarcentury for its C21e solar tiles and slates.
Blenches Mill Solar Farm Receives Planning Approval
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 07:12
Permission was granted by Wiltshire Council at their Planning Meeting on Wednesday 27th November 2013 for a Solar Park at Blenches Mill, a 12.5 hectare site adjacent to the sewage treatment works and Westbury Business Park.
British Solar Renewables Secures UK's Largest Solar Construction Investment
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 06:48
British Solar Renewables confirms innovative joint venture with Santander to invest in the construction of 56.5MW of UK Solar PV projects at three sites across the UK.
Don’t Underestimate Overcurrent Protection for PV Installations
- Published on Monday, 09 December 2013 10:46
Choosing and installing the right kind of overcurrent protection is becoming more important as projects increase in size and power, says Tony Garlinge-Warren, applications engineer at Eaton’s Bussmann business.
DECC FIT Solar PV Installations Week Ending 1st December 2013
- Published on Friday, 06 December 2013 09:47
Weekly PV Highlights
There were 2,673 sub 50 kW PV installations registered during the week ending 1st December 2013, compared to 2,334 in the week ending 24th November 2013. This takes the total number of sub 50 kW solar PVs registered on the MCS database to just over 489,800.
STA Welcomes Solar Thermal RHI Tariff Uplift
- Published on Friday, 06 December 2013 08:28
Tariff uplift at low end of expectations, but welcome boost alongside improved deeming methodology
Apex Energy Solutions Launch Powerflow The New Energy Saving Device
- Published on Thursday, 05 December 2013 09:47
Apex Energy Solutions launch Powerflow a new energy saving product that uses the exported PV generated power and diverts it into loads such as Immersion heaters and electric panel heaters.
Clynder Cables Launch Solaflex™ PV Cable
- Published on Thursday, 28 November 2013 19:27
Wedmore’s Co-operative Solar Power Plant Provides Clean Power To The Grid
- Published on Thursday, 07 November 2013 10:34
Wedmore's new renewable power plant built by a co-operative of local investors was completed in October.
DECC FIT Solar PV Installations Week Ending 20th October 2013
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 08:58
Weekly PV Highlights
There were 2,123 sub 50 kW PV installations registered during the week ending 20th October 2013, compared to 2,174 in the week ending 13th October 2013. This takes the total number of sub 50 kW solar PVs registered on the MCS database to just under 476,200.
- Wellingborough Solar Farm Gets Go Ahead
- Trina Solar Anesco Partnership Goes From Strength To Strength – Aiming For 150MW
- Thermal Imaging For The Full Life Cycle of a Solar Module
- TGE Customers Getting The Most Out Of Solar PV
- New Operations and Maintenance Division Formed by Lightsource Renewable Energy
- Belltown Alpha Renewables Completes Acquisition of First Two Projects
- Solar Energy Research Centre to put Wales at Forefront of Solar Industry
- SolarFields UK aims to install a million solar panels by 2018
- SolarMax Sign Partnership Deal with Solen Energy UK
- ‘Home of the future’ showcases Innovative Building-integrated Photovoltaic Glass Roof