The Solar Digest for Solar Industry and Photovoltaic PV News - Latest News
£10 Million Solar Loan for Sunderland Social Housing
- Published on Thursday, 03 April 2014 12:24
Empower Community announced this morning that a large UK institutional pension investor has loaned £10.1m to a project providing free daytime solar energy to over 2300 of Gentoo Group's customers' homes in Sunderland.
BayWa r.e. Completes the Forest Heath Solar Farm in Cambridge
- Published on Thursday, 03 April 2014 11:58
Construction work carried out by BayWa r.e. at the Forest Heath solar farm near Cambridge is now complete. The 4.8 MWp plant, with on-site grid connection, was commissioned earlier this year.
SolarEdge To Expand Product Portfolio for UK Solar Market
- Published on Thursday, 03 April 2014 11:33
SolarEdge Technologies, a leading provider of power optimisers and PV inverters, announces the expansion of its product portfolio for the UK solar market.
Local Government Power To Specify Renewable Energy In New Buildings At Risk
- Published on Thursday, 03 April 2014 11:22
Over 50 organisations have signed an open letter to Communities Secretary Eric Pickles urging him not to scrap the Merton Rule, which is the only policy driver for renewables in new buildings until full Zero Carbon standards are introduced to Building Regulations in 2016 .
Martifer Solar Building 78.4 MW Solar Portfolio For Lightsource Renewable Energy
- Published on Friday, 21 March 2014 13:32
Martifer Solar, a subsidiary of Martifer SGPS, is building a 78.4 MWp portfolio of photovoltaic plants in the United Kingdom. The utility-scale combined capacity consists of five plants, which are located in the counties of Cambridgeshire, Devon, Nottingham and Swindon.
SunEdison Closes On 56 MW Portfolio Of Utility-Scale UK Solar Projects
- Published on Friday, 21 March 2014 13:22
SunEdison has announced the closing of a non-recourse debt financing arrangement with Deutsche Bank. The debt proceeds will be used to finance the construction of 56 megawatt (MW) portfolio of four utility-scale photovoltaic (PV) solar projects in the United Kingdom. The portfolio is expected to be fully operational by the end of March 2014.
TGE GROUP Appointed to Help Power Flagship Energy Centre
- Published on Friday, 21 March 2014 13:01
E.ON one of the UK’s leading power and gas companies, appointed renewable specialist TGE Group to install a complex 250kWp roof system on its flagship energy centre. The energy generated will be used to power a new town outside Exeter.
DECC FIT Solar PV Installations Week Ending 23rd February 2014
- Published on Friday, 28 February 2014 16:44
Weekly PV Highlights
There were 2,170 sub 50 kW PV installations registered during the week ending 23rd February 2014, compared to 2,052 in the week ending 16th February 2014. This takes the total number of sub 50 kW solar PVs registered on the MCS database to over 513,000.
SolarMax Presents the New HT Series String Inverters for Commercial and Industrial Solar Plant
- Published on Friday, 28 February 2014 15:32
In the face of continuing reductions in subsidies, PV plant planners have the challenge of delivering cost-optimized systems which will provide high levels of availability and efficiency, in turn delivering good returns.
Energy Minister Praises Blackfriars Solar Bridge as London's Latest "architectural gem"
- Published on Friday, 28 February 2014 15:10
Energy and Climate Change Minister Greg Barker has welcomed the launch of the world’s largest solar bridge at London Blackfriars.
- National WEEE Regulations Come Into Force – Major Changes Ahead for Photovoltaic Industry
- New Research Reveals Energy Performance of In-roof Solar PV
- Trina Solar announces WEEE Directive compliance
- Moss Electrical Appointed Sole UK Distributor of Solar Inverter
- Naked Energy Secures €1.3 Million of Grant Funding for Hybrid Solar Panel
- Proinso and OXIS Energy to Collaborate on a Revolutionary New Solar Energy Storage System
- British Solar Renewables Obtains £40m Construction Financing for PV Projects
- Yingli Solar to Supply 54 MW of Solar Modules for Seven UK Projects
- Kingspan Energy Launches 100% Funded Solution
- Eco Energy World Sells Spriggs Farm Solar Project to AVIC International