The Solar Digest for Solar Industry and Photovoltaic PV News - Latest News
Lark Energy's Wymeswold Project Wins Solar Award
- Published on Friday, 18 October 2013 08:02
The UK’s largest solar farm has won the inaugural Solar Power Portal award for Most Successful Large-scale Ground Mount Solar Site.
Greg Barker Visits Bentley’s 20,000 Panel Commercial Solar Roof
- Published on Friday, 18 October 2013 07:54
Following Greg Barker’s (Minister of State, Department of Energy & Climate Change) announcement of the UK’s solar energy roadmap at Solar Energy UK this week, the Minister visited Bentley Motor’s factory in Crewe to tour their impressive 20,000 panel commercial solar roof installation.
Thermal Imaging, The Perfect Technology for Solar Panel Inspection
- Published on Friday, 18 October 2013 07:36
With the UK’s commitment to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by 80% by 2050, it stands to reason that renewable energy systems will increasingly feature in our built environment.
Styles & Wood Wins Nationwide Solar Panel Installation Deal
- Published on Thursday, 17 October 2013 08:26
Styles&Wood Group plc, the integrated property services and project delivery specialist, is pleased to announce that Freetricity, the leading UK solar supplier, has appointed Styles&Wood Energy, the Group’s specialist renewable energy division, as the installer for its new financing deal which will fund free residential solar panels on up to 1500 houses a month.
Pole-Mounted Thermal Inspection Of Solar Panels
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 07:36
DECC FIT Solar PV Installations Week Ending 15th September 2013
- Published on Friday, 20 September 2013 08:44
Weekly PV Highlights
There were 1,814 sub 50 kW PV installations registered during the week ending 15th September 2013, compared to 1,991 in the week ending 8th September 2013. This takes the total number of sub 50 kW solar PVs registered on the MCS database to just over 465,400.
Probably the Most Powerful Photovoltaic Panel in the World
- Published on Friday, 20 September 2013 07:44
Viridian Solar announces the launch of a new range of higher power Clearline PV photovoltaic solar panels. The use of higher performance cells has improved the power output and for the largest panel format (the PV30 at 3 square metres) this takes the rating to 500Wp per panel.
New Solar Panel Frame Developed by Clifford Jones
- Published on Friday, 20 September 2013 07:28
Solar power just got greener – that’s the proud claim of one of the UK’s top timber manufacturers who have developed the world’s first commercially produced timber solar panel frame - TimberSol.
Martifer Solar To Develop 50MW of UK PV Plants
- Published on Friday, 20 September 2013 06:57
Martifer Solar, a subsidiary of Martifer SGPS, is developing 50 MW of photovoltaic plants in the United Kingdom. The company intends to ensure the sale of the ready-to-build projects during the licensing process, which is expected to be completed at the end of 2013.
149.94kWp PV Overroof System Installed by Solinium
- Published on Friday, 20 September 2013 06:49
Established in 1978 by a group of Hampshire farmers, Hampshire Grain is a major supplier to local flour mills, national maltsters and the export trade based in Southampton. Hampshire grain has a storage and process capacity of up to 60,000 tons of grain – making it the market leader in this area of the country.
- ReneSola Provides Lightsource Renewable Energy with 69.5 MW of Solar Modules
- Council To Consider Publicly Funded Solar Farm Proposals
- Work Starts On 125,000 Panel 32MWp Suffolk Solar Farm
- New PV Modules For Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas
- Solar Angel The New Hybrid Solar PV-T Panel
- ANTARIS SOLAR teams up with Blue Build Energy for Northern Ireland
- Solarcentury’s Heritage In Solar Industry Attracts Investor For Large-scale Norfolk Site
- Wade International Has 250kWp Rooftop PV Installed
- Dulas Secures £4.3m Contract for Social Housing Solar PV
- Government Row-back On Green Homes Could Mean Higher Energy Bills For Consumers