The DBL Distribution Block Range From ABB: The Clever Distribution Concept
- Published: Thursday, 16 March 2017 16:33
A great flexibility of use whatever your application
Get to know the DBL distribution blocks that provide an exclusive compact and modular design that allows easy installation combined with a great flexibility of use.
Improve installation efficiency through an easy to use block
Benefit of 3 configurations in one single product:
- Single pole splitter of power circuit into multiple outputs,
- The distribution blocks can be easily interlocked to create multi pole splitters. Each block is delivered with a ready to use marking kit (L1, L2,L3,N, …),
- Grouping of several inputs into one single output (solar applications).
The DBL distribution blocks are equipped with a flexible and reversible cover featuring a two directions opening to ease the wiring. All wiring data’s and specifications are also visible on top for a clear identification.
Each DBL distribution block is equipped with two mounting options: plate/panel or DIN rail mounting to simplify the installation.
More control in smaller space thanks to compact design
DBL distribution blocks have been designed to save up to 50% rail space compared to conventional distribution bars and are recommended for confined area.
The 1500 VDC voltage rating is well adapted to the most recent solar inverters requirements and future evolutions of solar segment.
A cost effective solution to increase your productivity
The DBL concept allows significant savings reducing wiring time, inventories, hardware and assembly costs:
- The blocks are compatible with aluminum and copper conductors,
- Inventories are reduced as one product fit 3 configurations,
- The assembly time is reduced by 80% compare to conventional systems. The modular and touch proof concept eliminates the need for bus bars, isolators, fasteners, protection screen,
- A double connection point allows easy extension of the number of outputs.
The range is declined in 6 variants with ratings from 80A to 400A, 1500V AC/DC and is adapted to industrial and solar applications.